Monday 14 January 2013

Easy Avocado Dip

This is my new obsession. It sounds a bit nutty, but it is beyond delicious! I was skeptically when I found this recipe on VegWeb (a great place to find recipes or inspirations), but I needed a simple appetizer to bring to my boyfriend's mom's on Christmas Eve dinner.  And boy were we surprised how good this turned out to be.  The first time I made it I put mashed avocado into the dip instead on of the cracker, as the recipe suggested.  I also added more garlic because it is so delicious!

Easy Avocado Dip

4 garlic cloves (less or more depending on your preference)
Splash of lemon juice
1 avocado
1 cup Vegenaise (or other vegan mayo)

Mince garlic cloves or use a garlic press and place garlic into a medium bowl.  Cut avocado in half, remove pit and use a knife to remove the flesh of the avocado and place in the medium bowl containing the garlic.  Add the lemon juice and mash the avocado with a fork.  Then add the vegenaise and mix making sure the vegenaise is well incorporated into the avocado mixture.  Eat with your favourite crackers, bread or pitas.



Enjoy!


M




No comments:

Post a Comment